Press ESC key problem

Hi,
Thanks for your exceptinal support, I finished the project and was about to hand it over to get my annual vacation :(
But suddenly, when I press ESC key, all the monitors (Health, Damage...etc) disappear and the game like frozen?

This occurs during both, editor and the built version. Once you press ESC, all those items disappear, and the player like frozen, but when I press the mouse's right click, the camera's zoom is there. Also, when I press "I" the inventory panel opens, and I am able to select a weapon. I changed the "Input Manager" and removed "Esc" as a button at any Axes, changed it with "C" letter. But still, when press ESC, the same behavior!

Best regards,

By default the Esc button is linked to the character controller input and to the Inventory System to close menus.

For example in the integration demo scene we set it up this way.

1685262871330.png
1685263158812.png
Notice how we have the option to "Enable Input On Gameplay Selected" set to true. This means that when the window gameplay is not selected the character input will be disabled.
My guess is that, this is what is happening to you. So you could try to disable that option or find some other way to do it.

Thanks for your response.
My problem was inside the DeathMatch script there is code which disables the game when ESC is pressed.

Now, it works fine.
I just have a small issue, when I open the inventory main window (pressing "I" letter), the main panel which has the weapons and their quantities and descriptions...etc. This panel disappear, while the inventory's main menu on the left, and doesn't disappear and the whole inventory window doesn't close, I have to press Exit button to make the window close.

I just have a small issue, when I open the inventory main window (pressing "I" letter), the main panel which has the weapons and their quantities and descriptions...etc. This panel disappear, while the inventory's main menu on the left, and doesn't disappear and the whole inventory window doesn't close, I have to press Exit button to make the window close.

That can happen if you have multiple nested DisplayPanels.

Perhpas you want a single DisplayPanel that can close and open?

If not, then I would suggest writing a custom sript to replace the DisplayPanelManagerHandler so that you can open/close panel however you want.

Thanks for your response.
It may sound weird, but when I change the option "DisplayPanelManagerHandler\Close panel input\Input Type" during run time, and choose "Button Down Continuous", it works correctly. The whole panel closes (Content and Menu).

But, when I go back to development to change this option to make the selection permanent and run the game again.
It doesn't work correctly, and act the same way previously, as I described (only the content panel is closed, and the menu is still open with the main container panel)

That is odd... It might be because some events register in awake/start before you make the change at runtime. I can't think of any other reason.

The suggestions I mentioned last time still stands. I'd recommend either not nesting menus, (you can set Display Panels as not selectable to avoid adding them in the tree of opened panels to back from), or make a custom script to have complete control over how to open/close menus