PistolNoReload or Press R key still no Reload

I try to create AssaultRifle and Follow your video tutorail ,it worked well but after I try with pistol , Mypistol can shoot but it is not reloaeding after out of ammo. Can u tell the point that I shoud be focus. Thank

You should be able to follow similar steps - if the animation doesn't do the actual reload check to ensure you have the events setup properly.

I also have problem with weapon reloading.

Please watch the video

when I press "R", item ability "Reload" activates, but animation is not playing.

Last edited:
I want to add to my previous message, that all animations are assigned.

Justin, please help with this problem.

If you enable "Debug Animator Controller" on the Animator Monitor does the Slot1ItemID switch to 2?

Its very strange situation, that in debug mode reload is ok!
But if I swithch debug mode off, problem appears again.

you can see in the next video

Last edited:
I don't see the weapon reloading at all even with debug mode enabled. Did you switch out the animations?

As i mentioned in post #7, all animations are assigned.

In post #9 in video at 02:15 you can see animations and corresponding debug messages (if debug mode was switched on before play mode).

Also you can see at 01:00 that if debug mode was switched on not before, but after entering play mode, animations dont playing even in debug mode.

Please watch video from the begin to the end.

Thank you.

Last edited:
All of the animations may be assigned but if you switched out the animations and they don't match the rig then you'll have issues similar to what you are seeing. This occurs because with generic rigs Unity is not able to do any retargetting like it can with humanoid rigs.

Thank you for the answer, but I missanderstood, what do you mean.

I try to reimport UCC asset ("23 Oct 2018","version":"2.0.4"), create first person character without body and create assault rifle with NolanFirstPersonArms and FirstPersonDemo controller.
So as I think, all animations and other files of UCC asset are default.

And I dont understand, what do you mean in my case about humanoid rig?
In my case I have only NolanFirstPersonArms rig, which is generic by default.
But animations of default weapons, i.e. AssaultRifleReloadFirstPerson, are also generic.

Please describe more detailed.

Here is the new project with just ucc imported ("23 Oct 2018","version":"2.0.4") and first-person-character with assault rifle created.

link:

Please test "reload" in it with and without debug mode and help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post links to complete packages in this forum - it is a public forum and anybody can read it whether or not they have purchased the asset.

I am currently on a limited data connection so I cannot download large projects. If you haven't changed any animations then that isn't the issue. If you follow along with the assault rifle video at what point does it no longer work?

sorry about link.
did you save my link, so you can open my project later?

If I repeat all in the video, it`s all right with reload animation even without demo mode.
But in demo scene you make first person charachter with body - maybe it is a problem?

I hope you open my project as soon as possible (I sent you a private message with the link to my project).
And I want to repaet: "Here is a new project with just ucc imported ("23 Oct 2018","version":"2.0.4") and first-person-character with assault rifle created."

first-person-characterd without body and animator controller, but with the only default generic arms and default generic weapon animations.

Unity 2017.3.1p1 (64-bit)

Thank you for support!

Last edited: