Pickup item

JablDouble

Hello everyone. Maybe I'm stupid but I can't get how to make pickup item in UFPS. I've watched a lot of tutorials (item set, pick up items, documentation) and I can't find the solution how to do it. Right now I've created a pickup prefab, moved it on the scene and set up this fields.
1682979768745.png
I understand that the next step is to do something with Item set group and etc but I can't understand what exactly. Sorry, I'm newbie in that! Thanks!

Do you have the Pickup Item ability added? You have Pickup on Trigger Enter disabled so it will require an ability/button press in order to pickup the item.

You're right I forgot to add this abillity to my character. I've already added this one.
1683022129723.png
My Item set rule looks like this
1683022266850.png
And finally when I near by the pickup item I try to click F and it does nothing.
1683022302653.png
Could you say please what I did wrong and tell me please the next steps. Because I couldn't find the correct tutorial how to create the pickup item.

And the second question. How to display text something like "Press F to pickup the item"?

Yeah. I was able to pick up the weapon and it works almost perfectly. I could pickup the Item using the "Pickup on trigger enter". But I want to pickup the item only if user press the button F on the keyboard. It doesn't work if I set pickup on trigger enter to false.
And the question about to display text like "Press F to pickup the item" remains unresolved.

Are you within the trigger? Your settings look correct. One test would be to take the Atlas demo character and see if that character can pickup the items that you create. If Atlas can pickup the item then you'll want to look at the ability. If Atlas cannot pickup the item then it's a problem with the actual pickup and you should try one of the pickups from the demo scene.

You can set the text on the Pickup ability.

Yeah, it works. Thanks! You can close this topic.
I changed such things as ObjectDetection, DetectLayer in the pickup abillity and it seems that it works.