Photon Fusion Integration

hisoka_phaere

Hello, I've read around in the forums and it seems like the Photon Fusion (or Netcode for GameObjects) integration won't be coming before UCC 3 is released. So I figured I'll write my own integration in the meantime. Doing this though, I've met a roadblock that makes it hard to implement properly.

Photon Fusion has its own network tick system, separate from the Update and FixedUpdate systems, called FixedUpdateNetwork. Photon recommends reading input and updating the character controller within this FixedUpdateNetwork system. This allows frame accurate resimulation and rollback. A Photon developer over at Discord even suggests to ignore FixedUpdate for multiplayer. As far as I know, UCC only updates the character in Update and FixedUpdate. Is there any way to manually update the controller so that I can sync it with Photon's FixedUpdateNetwork?

I tried digging around the UCC code but there are a lot of systems in play and I'm having a hard time. If anyone can guide me to a proper solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

After further digging, I found CharacterLocomotion.Move() which I think should do what I'm looking for.

KinematicObjectManager.CharacterMove() also seems to do the same character Move() but also syncs some physics stuff.

Last edited:
I love that you're doing this! I started learning Fusion for my contract gig but I haven't tried to write an integration yet for my opsive project. Have you made much progress on it?

After further digging, I found CharacterLocomotion.Move() which I think should do what I'm looking for.

KinematicObjectManager.CharacterMove() also seems to do the same character Move() but also syncs some physics stuff.
Did you make any progress with this in the end?