Npc's/AI walking away from doors

drerlee

I have the deathmatch kit agent with a behavior tree following waypoints around my level. I have a set of doors tht automatically open and close on trigger, however when the AI agent goes to the door, while it's opened, the AI agent just turns around and walks away. I have tried disabling colliders on both the agent and the doors. The doors are static walkable mesh. Going at this for hours now with no luck, can someone point me in the direction of what to try?

When you bake your navmesh you should ensure the characters can traverse from one side to the other.

Behavior Designer doesn't control the locomotion so I would try posting this on the Unity forums. If the destination is correct then it's up to the underlying pathfinding agent to do the actual movement.

Do you have any examples of door interactions that I can follow? Your docs says that interaction with doors can be achieved, but the example is onoly for platform movement?

In the demo scene there is a room with doors in the Interact room. This isn't AI but from the character controller's perspective there isn't a difference. If your character is moving away from doors then it is related to the pathfinding path generated.

I dont have any pathfinding implemented. all i have is the deathmatch ai kit using waypoints like in your tutorial. Is pathfinding the way that I need to go in your opinion to resolve my issue?

The Deathmatch AI Kit uses pathfinding. It uses pathfinding to traverse the waypoints.