NPC can't kill me when not on ground level

I have a sniper set up with deadly accuracy (1 shot kills) when he is on ground level he sees me> shoots> I die, however, when I put him on a platform he sees me>shoots > but I don't die my health isn't affected at all

It doesn't sound like your AI is hitting you. Maybe the Shootable Weapon's spread is too high which prevents the hitscan from hitting?

It doesn't sound like your AI is hitting you. Maybe the Shootable Weapon's spread is too high which prevents the hitscan from hitting?

I have it set to 0.01, I also set the Players capsule collier in the hitboxes set to 100 damage multiplier

This video shows no damage being done on ground level but as soon as I get close to the same height level as my AI i get wiped out in one shot. I initially though it might have been a distance thing but on ground level I get wiped out from the other side of the plane

*edit

Put my character up high and the AI on ground level and I got wiped out

Last edited:
I ran the firstpersonshooter demo scene and put AgentNolan up high and the same thing happened, he sees Nolan> shoots> but nothing hits Nolan

It looks like the raycast of the Local Look Source is hitting the platform so it's not hitting the character. In the next version I'll add an option to specify where the look position should originate from but for now if you deselect Fire In Look Source Direction on the Shootable Weapon then it'll use the fire point and should work.

It looks like the raycast of the Local Look Source is hitting the platform so it's not hitting the character. In the next version I'll add an option to specify where the look position should originate from but for now if you deselect Fire In Look Source Direction on the Shootable Weapon then it'll use the fire point and should work.

Nice one, worked - now i have to go and fix my aim :)

I have been having similar issues. What determines the fire direction? I would think the fire direction for AI would be the center of the target. I have an AI firing a projectile that seems to aim at the targets feet.

To clarify my player char doesn't have bones. It's a capsule collider with arms. So if the use target bone of can see object comes into play here well, there are no bones.

Last edited: