Newly added weapon doesn't shoot

ncho

I have already gone through 2 of the 3 points mentioned under "Weapon shooting troubleshooting" ie inventory does have ammo, look sensitivity is -1. I have everything pointed to the demo item animator IDs and controllers, etc. just trying to replace the model for now. The second point about the use event being fired I don't really understand as I don't understand in general how the animation flow works but I have inserted the new animation in the RightPistol animator.

Looking at this video
the weapon is immediately able to fire playing the recoil animation after being added which is not happening for me. It also doesn't happen if I disable "Wait for animation" on the Use event. So I don't know if it actually has to do with the whole animator/animation setup or not; either way I find that the documentation is really quite vague on this. Could someone guide me through the steps for adding a weapon that's not one of the demo prefabs? Or is there a way to debug and figure out where the specific problem lies?

So are you using your own animations, or just following the video? If you haven't first gotten a demo weapon working I would start with that so you understand the flow and you can follow the video.

Once you have that aspect down you can then start to add your own weapons. The process will be similar, but with your own animations you will want to make sure you replace all of the animation events if your weapon is waiting for an animation event to fire.

OK just so to rule out any issues I simply now followed the above video series to a T importing the same Opsive assets with the same settings for testing purposes. I got it to work so the issue is assumably with the animators as far as creating non-demo weapons goes. I'll work on figuring that out today. This is something that's not covered by any of the tutorial videos nor in the manual so far and if I remember correctly it was a lot easier with UFPS1. So it would be great to get a video or two on how to create or adapt animators for custom weapons/arms at some point down the road. Thanks for the help!

OK just so to rule out any issues I simply now followed the above video series to a T importing the same Opsive assets with the same settings for testing purposes. I got it to work so the issue is assumably with the animators as far as creating non-demo weapons goes. I'll work on figuring that out today. This is something that's not covered by any of the tutorial videos nor in the manual so far and if I remember correctly it was a lot easier with UFPS1. So it would be great to get a video or two on how to create or adapt animators for custom weapons/arms at some point down the road. Thanks for the help!
Hey did you add your own weapons ? Really interested in this.

Yes this works now after disabling the animator related stuff (Wait for animation on use etc). And also changing the look sensitivity.

Yes this works now after disabling the animator related stuff (Wait for animation on use etc). And also changing the look sensitivity.
Hey thank you for your response. I am keen to do this, can you elaborate on the answer and detail exactly what you did so I can see if I can implement it ? Again thank you.

Follow the tutorial video in my first post exactly, make sure it works with one of the UCC demo weapons first and only then try changing to a custom weapon.