New Scene Nolan Profile Bug

RedHawk

Hey,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I created a brand new scene and did some super basic setup. Then I used the Opsive Scene setup.

From there I grabbed the Nolan model (the one in the Third Person model folder), put it in my scene, and used the Opsive Manager to create a new character.

I selected the Profile called Nolan (since it came with my Third Person Controller asset), and it crashed Unity after the Ragdoll set-up.

So, not sure why it was included.

Now my project seems a bit broken.

I even deleted the character and started over and I keep getting the below. Plus now my default loadout doesn't work :(

Code:
Unable to select the first person perspective. If you'd like to create a first person character ensure the Firts Person Controller is imported.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.CharacterManager:DrawPerspective(Perspective&) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/CharacterManager.cs:402)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.CharacterManager:DrawExistingCharacter() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/CharacterManager.cs:667)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.CharacterManager:OnGUI() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/CharacterManager.cs:175)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.MainManagerWindow:OnManagerGUI() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/MainManagerWindow.cs:407)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.MainManagerWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/MainManagerWindow.cs:310)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Last edited:
Can you include the crash log? I just tried to use the Nolan profile with TPC and it didn't crash on my end.

No I couldn't grab the log quick enough. Try the steps I emailed you and see if it behaves the same as it did for me.

I am not able to reproduce it based on the steps that you sent me and a fresh project of Third Person Controller/Unity 2018.3

Very strange. I just redid the project again, and I don't see any errors. Some Unity Bug must have infiltrated my project... bummer. I'm going to delete that project that appears to be bad and use this new one. Sheesh

I've noticed that this error message appears when you copy the Nolan character from the demo scene to a new one directly (not from the asset file menu), then duplicate ItemsCollection and assign it to the character.
I did this to bring the complete character to my clean scene and then I've noticed an error message illustrated on the screenshot below.
The above-mentioned errors went away once I fixed the Item Defenition field for each item.

Attachments

• 2020-04-26_17-06-30.png
    2020-04-26_17-06-30.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 4