NavMeshAgentMovement

msm

Hi,

Im trying to put together an AI character, and encountering some confusion over how to actually move the character and have them aim/look at something.

I have a NavMesh setup for the scene, a NavMeshAgent component on the character, and the NavMeshAgentMovement ability enabled for the character.
There is also a LocalLookSource component. It seems that the character only moves towards the LookSource target position, and not the path destination I set on the NavMeshAgent.

Im trying to do something like this
NavMeshAgent.destination = movePosition;
instead the character is moving to this position
LocalLookSource.Target.position

Should the NavMeshAgentMovement ability be compatible with LocalLookSource ? I think I might be confused over what the LookSource's purpose is... is it the target the character should look at? Or is the source location the character should look from? If the later... what should I be using to set the character's look target/direction?

Thanks for the help

The look source specifies where the character should look/shoot. If you want the character to look in a specific direction you can set the Target property. The look source does not determine the position the character moves to.

hi, ok, that was what I understood it to be. But if I set both the LookSource.Target and NavMeshAgent.destination, the character moves to the look source target, not the navmesh destination

Ok, I believe I may have just found the issue. I had to set the UltimateCharacterLocomotion FirstPersonMovementType to Free Look, it was defaulted to First Person Combat

Ok, I believe I may have just found the issue. I had to set the UltimateCharacterLocomotion FirstPersonMovementType to Free Look, it was defaulted to First Person Combat

Thank you! Wasted 2 hours on this. Trying to understand what is happening)