Multiple errors on the Demo Scene

Beor Games

Hello there!

I just downloaded the asset and imported it into my project.

First comment, materials don't automatically migrate to URP when I select to upgrade them, but that's ok, I took a few minutes and did it manually.

After that I was ready to test the asset and when I click play I'm getting multiple errors:

1657731440789.png

I also tried the "Minimalist Inventory Grid" Scene and got the same errors.

I'm using the Third Person Controller project from Unity.

Hope to hear back from you soon!

It looks like the button mappings need to be updated. You can do that from the Setup Manager:

It looks like the button mappings need to be updated. You can do that from the Setup Manager:

Hi Justin,

Thanks for you reply. But I'm not using the ULTIMATE CHARACTER CONTROLLER, I'm using the Ultimate Inventory System, and there's no "Project" tab int the Setup window. I also haven't found the "Update Buttons and Layers" button.

But I've clicked on "Add Inputs" and the errors are gone. Still, I can't play the demo scene because the character starts falling once I click the "Continue" button on the tutorial window.

I removed the Character Controller from the Player Character and it stopped falling, throwing the following error :
1657740585029.png

This seems to be a hidden component, since it's not attached to any game objects in the scene. What should I do?

Oops, you're right. Clicking the Add Inputs button is correct. For that error I just tried a fresh project but it didn't have any errors. Can you try a new project just to see what happens? If that doesn't work I'm going to have to defer to Santiago who is the main inventory developer.

Hi Beor.

The only reason I can think of that your character is falling through the floor in the demo scene is that you changed the Physics collision matrix in the project settings causing the player Layer to not collide with the default Layer.

Here you can find a video of he demo scene, the only thing required is pressing the Add inputs button in the Setup window:

Hi, I found the error
Hi Beor.

The only reason I can think of that your character is falling through the floor in the demo scene is that you changed the Physics collision matrix in the project settings causing the player Layer to not collide with the default Layer.

Here you can find a video of he demo scene, the only thing required is pressing the Add inputs button in the Setup window:
Hi, that's the issue, I found that the character layer is changed to a layer I was using to avoid some interactions. The character isn't falling anymore.

Now I only have to find a way to fix the item interaction, but that shouldn't be a big issue.

Thanks!