Multiple Collections

MrQuaid

Hi, spent a little while with this one and I can't seem to figure it out. What I want to do is create a secondary inventory, one I'll use for quest items. Much different than main inventory since its unlimited and list base. I thought by creating a secondary item collection it would work and as for picking up, it does. The item will go to that collection, but I can't figure out how to show it in a UI. Instead, it shows in the main UI.

I thought I could just find change the grid view to show only one collection, like equipment but I can't figure that out. I see the equipment slot script has a dropdown for item collection, but there is no option to change that in the main inventory.

So my main issue is separating collections so I can view them differently. Am I missing something or is that more complicated?

You can show only some Item Collection in an Inventory Grid by using Filters.

So you could have two Inventory Grids, one that shows you normal items from the main item Collection (and maybe equipped) and the other could show only the items in the quest item collection.

If you are using tabs you'll need each tab to have that filter.

You can easily set filters using the UI Designer editor
1609147726566.png

When filtering by Item Collection you should use the exact Item Collection names.

If the default sorters are not specific enough for your use case you can even write your own.

Thanks that worked perfect, I just created a new inventory grid and my own tab control in junction with your filters. Right now Im working on the equipment, with filters I can remove from inventory, just need to figure out how to prevent equipment to vanish if unequipping to a full inventory. I think I will have that fixed soon.

Thanks again.

Custom UI? I'm not sure what you have in your list ... I assume it's a sort of custom class with an Item, maybe an Icon ID, maybe some attributes, not really sure. But I've done this where I use a "For Each" and then just go down everything in the list by Index number and pull out of the list the things you need to display in your Inventory such as Icon, some Text, etc. But I'm totally speculating because I don't know what sort of list you are using.

Hey, thanks for replying I figured it a while back, it was just a collection view thing. You don't even need to right nay code, but what you did works to. Thanks again.