Movement of 3rd person character head in multiplayer

Fenda

Apologies in advance as I am still fairly new to Unity. We've managed to get UFPS set up with Bolt so that Character (Nolan) animations are replicated across the network to other clients. This seems to work well with movement, jumping and crouching.

However, when someone looks up or down the movement of their head does not change from another players perspective.

Using the inspector, I was able to verify that the ORG-head child GameObject of Nolan does indeed change its Y rotation in first person view correctly (and also the shadow changes as expected). However, this does not get replicated over the network via Bolt. Only the basic Transform and all the animator parameters get sent via the Bolt entity state..

Any pointers to what needs to happen?

Because multiplayer is such a complex subject I'm not able to provide support on it until we release the multiplayer addon. Maybe somebody else on the forum has already encountered this issue and can describe how they fixed it.

In case anyone comes across this we ended up adding a line to CharacterIK.LookAtTarget() that stores the look at position as a new property on our Bolt entity state when in first person. For third person characters, we added a callback for when a look at position changes and send it to CharacterIK.SetRemoteLookAtPosition().