Movement Issues

ItsYahoo

Hello, I'm having 3 problems if someone can please help me fix them that would be amazing, the first one is the character does not want to move up when I am holding w but if I hold w and a or d then the character moves up diagonally just fine. The second problem is once the character goes near the edge instead of turning to the other side the character stalls out and won't let me press any controls to move around. The third problem is the character can not move to the top of the object once climbed, either the character stalls on the side and falls back down or if you jump to get on top of the object the character can not move at all once on top of the object. I'm not sure what's causing these issues, I do not get any errors in the console.

1689181791252.png1689181798063.png1689181802723.png

To get started does the demo scene work correctly?

Is that character from the demo scene? If it isn't, if you take the character from the demo scene into your own scene does it work?

It's only on my scene, when I input the demo character into my scene it acts the same way. For the bug on the character stalling out, It's only only on 1 side. (I am also using the new input system), as for the bug when the player can not move on top of the Box, that is fixed with the Demo free wall so I might've setup the freeclimb wall wrong. I attached picture of the wall I setup.1689282002007.png 1689282231040.png1689282058490.png

Ok, that narrows it down. This is then likely an issue with the ability not detecting the wall.

What layers are you using? Is the ability detecting the correct layers?

I'm facing the exact same problem! Sometimes W works, sometimes it doesn't. I copied the demo Free Climb Wall to my own scene, and it would not work there as well. The character only moves upward when A or D is pressed with W.

The problem ended up being related to the StopMovementAnimation ability. If you remove or disable that ability with a state then it will work correctly. I have a fix in the next climbing update that will allow you to keep the ability enabled.