Move Towards + Navigation

atmuc

I have an AI character. I want my character to move a position with final rotation. I tried to use Move Towards. Because of final rotation it walked strafe. Move towards first rotate character and start walking to target. Is it by design? Can it run navigation first and start move towards process after specific distance?

Should I use navmesh navigation first and move towards? I will play an animation so player should be at exact position and rotation.

Move Towards will rotate and move the character at the same time. It doesn't allow you to rotate the character after a specified distance. I can add this to my feature request list but based off of this and your previous posts I do recommend creating a new ability that is a hybrid approach.

I am using NodeCanvas. I made a node for navigation. At the beginning I started Navmesh Agent Movement and Move Towards abilities at the same time. Then I tried just use Move Towards ability. In this case it rotated at the beginning of the navigation. I tried to start navigation first and start move towards at specific remaining distance. In that case move towards performed when navigation arrived. I try to make a smooth transition. Move Towards Ability with RemainingDistanceToPerform parameter would be nice to make such smooth transition. In that way I can reduce Motor Rotation Speed from 300 to 50 in state preset.