Move Item Action and Multiple Item Collections

Hey there!

I noticed if I use the move item action, then try to move the item around the screen with a mouse, and the item goes on top of a panel that was not part of the original panel I can't drop it. However, if I drag and drop with a mouse I can move it between panels no problem with the drag and drop handler. I realize the intent of the move cursor and move item action is to navigate without a mouse, but I could easily see somebody trying to do this and feeling like it's a bug. Maybe there are some settings I am overlooking?

Video: https://streamable.com/9vfs91 - *you can't see me trying to click on the equipment panel but it is happening!

Thanks!

I was able to easily replicate this issue in the demo scene.
The problem is that the MoveCursor only listens to events on a single container. So when you are clicking on the equipment container it does not react. The Equipment component reacts to select by itself though.

So it took awhile but I changed a lot of code around. And now instead of using the MoveCursor to deal with select and click to preview and drop, I do everything inside the DropHandler and the CursorManager. This meant quite a bit of refactoring. I've tested it in the demo scene and with the ItemShapeGrid. And it seems to work.

I'm hesitant to share the code with you here since many scripts changed. These are the ones I changed
1646648023505.png
You can either wait for the next update (but that could be awhile since we just did an update recently)
Or if you are in a hurry, feel free to send us an email at support@opsive.com linking this post and I'll send you an early package or perhaps just the modified scripts

Oh wow thanks so much for the update! That sounds like a great way to handle it. I'm happy to wait until the release of the code unless you want someone to beta test it before the release.