Mouse Sensitivity

Yazou

Hi I want disable player being able to look around , with Unity Input (Script) i put 0 to the Look sensivity but the player can always look around why ? How can I do this?

You could do this by adding the look at view to the players camera.
Go to the player camera over the plus icon;
Add either 1st/3rd person look at view to the camera depending on your set up.

Then add the API script direct to the player (Take a look at the 1st API camera code in the link below by default the API shows combat view but you can change this line to LookAt view as in the code below;

** https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/camera/
This will block the look around completely with only being able to move with left stick;

Code:
 var viewTypeName = "Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.ThirdPersonController.Camera.ViewTypes.LookAt";

Note; I initially struggled with this API so amended with an additional serialized field to drag in the character then it worked allowing the character to be dragged into the script;

Code:
    // protected GameObject m_Character;// instead replace with below

[SerializeField] protected GameObject m_Character ;

Player must be dragged in or you get just a camera view with no player

Last edited:
Thank you for your help unfortunately it's too complicated for me at the moment, so I found another solution. Je disable Camera Controller and Ultimate Character Locomotion . What I'm trying to do in fps view is to take an object and move it with my character. I succeeded. But also to be able to rotate it by stopping the character. The remaining problem is that in disable Ultimate Character Locomotion while the character is running The character continues to walk in place.

By disabling Ultimate Character Locomotion Handler (Script) instead of Ultimate Character Locomation (Script) I no longer have the bug of the character walking endlessly. It's all good for what I wanted to do.