Mouse Events Not Working With Lower Part Item Action Dropdowns

BrettL

Hi, I've been having some trouble with selecting and clicking buttons in the inventory UI. For example, only the top button in the item actions dropdown appears to be interactable when 3 item actions are available. The other buttons don't highlight on hover, or react when clicked (see image below for screenshots). Interestingly, if I add more possible actions to the list, I can start interacting with the second button down as well. It's as if the mouse cursor wasn't being detected in the bottom 2/3rds of the space containing the buttons. Similarly, when I go to un-equip a weapon (2 options), I can only click on the very top of the 1st button for it to highlight and register, so this even applies to the space within a button. Everything seems to work correctly when I use the keyboard to navigate and press buttons. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue or if they have any thoughts on what might be causing it. Thanks in advance!

1645822979982.png

It turns out that another Canvas was blocking the mouse from hitting parts of this canvas, so not an issue with the Inventory System, but I'll leave this post in case anyone else has this issue. The solution was adding a "Canvas Group" component to the blocking canvas and unchecking "Blocks Raycasts".

Last edited: