Modifying the Jump ability

MojoGames

Hiya,

So I want to use the Jump ability script as a base for creating an ability where the character can jump and 'fly through the air' as long as a button is pressed, similar to how a jetpack would work. I also like the fact that the animations already work for what I want to do.

So I've created the abilty JetPack, by copying the Jump Ability script, renamed the class and added this ability to the character, this all works great, I need the ability to last 45 seconds, and have a max ceiling height parameter, which I've added. I've also on the character set 'Use gravity' for this ability to false.

I thought that would be enough to at least get the character to jump and 'hang' in the air, but I'm having trouble setting the correct force hold/force hold damping to achieve this.

Any help would be appreciated. I think I read somewhere that this ability is in UCC (I'm using TPC at the moment for a client) but I previously bought UCC for my own projects, I guess I have 2 questions here, 1. Does it exist in UCC (in which case I'll base everything from that script) and 2. If not HELP!!! :)

TPC and UCC share the same code base so from that regard the jump ability is the same. Right now you can have a hold force which allows you to keep applying a force to the jump ability, but this is a bit different from a jetpack ability. Unfortunately due to my support load I'm not able to help debug custom scripts.