Melee weapon got the wrong impact collider

wuyan

Hello Justin,

This problem can be reproduced in the demo scene follow the steps below.

Please see the screenshot. sword will only attack the black cube inside rather than the blue cube outside.

1669445226555.png

1, Creat a cube(blue) with wood surface type. scale (1,3,1)
2, Duplicate the cube(black), set metal surface type. set scale (0.9, 4, 0.9)
3, Use the sword to attack the blue cube. You will find that the sword will only attack the black cube inside rather than the blue cube outside. Unless the black cube inside gets even smaller. such as 0.4 or less.

It seems that colliders close enough will be collected to m_ CollisionsHit in MeleeWeapon.cs. Then select the one duplicated later.

My game needs this feature and what should I do? I‘m using Unity 2021.3.11 and TPC 2.4.7. I saw the update record, and I guess this problem maybe also exists in later versions.

I tried to upgrade to 2.4.9, but I couldn't integrate with UIS1.2.12. There are always many errors. As I said before, I do not plan to update V3 until it is more fully prepared. Because I have been developing with V2 for a long time, there are many modifications and integrations. I'm worried that upgrading now will destroy my project.
1669447021093.png

Thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. Right now I have been keeping a list of version 2 issues but am not able to look into them. Version 3 is taking all of my time.

I tried to upgrade to 2.4.9, but I couldn't integrate with UIS1.2.12. There are always many errors. As I said before, I do not plan to update V3 until it is more fully prepared. Because I have been developing with V2 for a long time, there are many modifications and integrations. I'm worried that upgrading now will destroy my project.
Ah, hmm. This is from a change in the shared structure. If you import inventory after the character controller it may resolve the issue.

Thanks for the report. Right now I have been keeping a list of version 2 issues but am not able to look into them. Version 3 is taking all of my time.

Ah, hmm. This is from a change in the shared structure. If you import inventory after the character controller it may resolve the issue.

Hello Justin, I don't know where I went wrong. I follow these steps.

1, Update TPC form 2.4.7 to 2.4.9 , then errors.
1669643755002.png

2, Update UIS form 1.2.9 to 1.2.12. then those errors.
1669643840768.png

3,Import the TPC-UIS integration package. the same errors.

4,Import the input system integration package , the same errors. By the way, I see three input system integration packages. One input system (v2) in TPC and two in UIS. I have tried them one by one.