Melee punch 3rd combo animation is interrupted by the next 1st combo starter when use is spammed.

zoicelols

My body item has a 3 hit punch combo and the 3rd part of the combo is canceled when I spam the use button and the 1st part of the combo starts before the 3rd part is done animating. This occurs for the 2nd combo as well but it isn't important because it doesn't look awkward.

Is there a way I can make the combo be restricted to waiting for the combo animation to be finished animating before starting the next combo animation interrupting the one before it?

Last edited:
My use ability keeps getting stuck active and freezing the character's capability to be able to do anything but walk. Can't jump or run as well. I have tried so many combinations of Use and Use Complete wait time variations. I do have the item use and item use complete events on all of my animations.

Last edited:
This is really hard to debug over the forum so I recommend enabling Debug Animator Controller and seeing what transition the character is getting stuck on. From there you should be able to see what event isn't being sent and prevent the character from getting stuck.

I am currently trying to figure this out through debug logs. Would you be able to tell me any reason that the use ability would be stuck active when spammed though? The use ability is set to stop as soon as the button is up and start when it is down. It doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't follow this rule.

Use.CanStopAbility is likely returning false because the item hasn't completed its use yet.

I actually don't know what went wrong but i started a new project, reimported, repeated the same steps that failed the first time and now everything works as intended. I must have screwed something up that i didnt realise.