Melee Look Sensitivity

For melee weapons in 3rd person, is there an equivalent setting somewhere to the Look Sensitivity setting on Shootable Weapon components? In confined areas, characters often can not "Aim" the melee weapon. On guns this can be fixed by lowering the Look Sensitivity.

Edit: Actually it seems Look Sensitivity is not the solution. Why are characters so reluctant to use items in enclosed areas? It needs freeing up somehow, so you can aim and attack without feeling restricted.

Last edited:
You can have different look sensitivities by using the state system to adjust the LookSensitivity value on the PlayerInput component based on the equipped weapon.

You can have different look sensitivities by using the state system to adjust the LookSensitivity value on the PlayerInput component based on the equipped weapon.

Sorry, where is PlayerInput? I know of Unity (or Rewired in my case) Input, and that has LookSensitivity settings, but's it's just the camera turn sensitivity as far as I can tell. The issue is the difficulty in getting the character to aim and fire, on both melee and shootable weapons.

In this video, you can see that it is a very tight, enclosed space, but there is certainly room for the character to aim and fire, but the character cannot. Often melee weapons can be swung, but sometimes they struggle to aim for some reason, like there's some minimum space requirement between colliders for the character to be able to use the aim abilitiy. The pistol for example can be aimed, but not fired (regardless of it's own look sensitivity, which is set all the way down to -1). Perhaps it is a camera or collision problem, due to the lack of space?

That doesn't look like an issue with the mouse sensitivity, it just looks like the item isn't being fired. I would start debugging this by placing a breakpoint within ShootableWeapon.CanUseItem and see what is preventing the item from being used.