Left UpperArm moves much more than RHand during Aim

Hi,

I'm using the same weight for both 0.6 and adjuststment speed 10, but as my AR gun rotates up the left upper arm goes up and clips through the handguard ending up above it rather than holding it from below.

Why would that happen?

I'm also thinking to use different gun position and rotation for Idle and Aim, its impossible to adjust them and I've spent days trying to do just that, any suggestions? I managed to do it without Hand Weight but now I turned it on and messed things up.

Edit: I tried using the IK targer on non-dominant hand and its better but left arm still moves depending on if I look up or down, I cant make it hold the handguard 100% of the time. What happens is the wrist is curling

Last edited:
Are your arms two different items or one? If it's two items make sure you have the same settings for both. The dual pistols has an example of two separate arms used for two items.

Edit: I tried using the IK targer on non-dominant hand and its better but left arm still moves depending on if I look up or down, I cant make it hold the handguard 100% of the time. What happens is the wrist is curling
Using the non-dominant hand is the correct approach. With that said, there's only so much it can do based on the angle that the hand is trying to be positioned. For the absolute best results you will need to use your own animations rather than IK.

Are your arms two different items or one? If it's two items make sure you have the same settings for both. The dual pistols has an example of two separate arms used for two items.

Using the non-dominant hand is the correct approach. With that said, there's only so much it can do based on the angle that the hand is trying to be positioned. For the absolute best results you will need to use your own animations rather than IK.

Just one item similar to M4A (Assault Rifle) in the demo.

I've got it to work kind of, but even with my own animations when I have the Hand Weight to say 0.6 and same for UpperArm Weight, so the gun rotates up and down based on where the player is looking at, aren't the hands going to move / be offset? Or do you mean when using my own animations I should turn off the IK? In that case it won't properly look up/down. Or you mean turn off the non dominant hand IK but keep HandWeight and UpperArmWeight.

Last edited: