Left gun only dry fires

Hmm... the consumable item is definitely being loaded by the weapon? Also is there any reason you're using a custom start type for the item ability instead of Button Down or Button Down Continuous?

Ya. I have 4 of them. One for each direction. The custom for this one is:

Hold left and press fire1 then activate

My right sword uses the same starter (except left and fire1) and works.

Hm, maybe you should start doing some logging to find the source of the issue. I'd start by logging in ShootableWeapon.UseItem, to see if ClipRemaining is 0 for example. Also if you could paste your custom AbilityStarter class I can take a look to see if anything in there looks wrong. But I can't see anything wrong with any of your item/ability setup.

For some reason when I removed the consumable item definition from the pistol weapon itself, my animations came through and the animator stopped getting stuck. I can shoot my dummy setting off it's damagevisualization as well.

I'm not sure to be honest. Some things to try:

- Logging in ShootableWeapon as I suggested in my last reply
- Try the pistol by itself
- Try with the default "Button Down" ability start type instead of your custom starter

Is it an issue? Or can I ignore this since it fires and also does damage to enemies? I do want infinite shots and no reloading anyways.

I'm asking if there is a downside

I'm just not sure why the consumable item definition was the cause of the problem in the first place, that's all. But if it works as you intend, then go ahead!