Large moving platform doesn't push me

Tvtig

Hi There,

I am trying to get a large object to push my character - but it moves right through me.

For example - If I scale up the fast platform in the demo scene - it doesn't push me if no input is applied at the same time. Below is a video link showing the problem. In the first half you'll see the platform move right through me, but in the second half, I spam left and right movement keys and the moving platform pushes me. Is there a setting I am missing?

Hey, I suppose this is patched already?
I'm experiencing the same behavior in the demo scene with version 3.0.19.

Hmm, it doesn't look like this made it in. I just looked and fixed it. I'll send you a PM with the new CharacterLocomotion file.

Hey, it seems that in 3.0.20 this only works with platforms that aren't moving too fast. If the character collides with a platform moving at a speed of 100, he gets teleported on top of it.

Now you may be thinking I'm pushing it, and maybe it is hard to deal with fast moving platforms, but if we're working on a 3D platformer, we actually need this to be working correctly.

This relates to Physics.ComputePenetration returning a vertical direction to resolve the collision. I can't think of a way to solve this from the controller side of things that would work with other solutions. For a platformer you could implement your own moving platform component that adds a force if the character collides within OnCollisionEnter.