Large amount of friction when controller is moving against walls/colliders

Mohcka

I've seen a few posts state similar problems with solutions like changing the skin width or modifying the wall glide curve but these options yield no results for me.

Whenever the character controller walks along the wall, it will often snag on it and sometimes jerk from normal to slow moving speeds. This is also a problem when jumping at a wall where the horizontal movement will stop completely and the player will slowly glide down the wall until they stop moving towards the walls direction or if the player is already walking towards/against a wall then they're unable to jump.

This is currently happening for me in UCC v3.0.19 even if I create a new project from scratch with just UCC installed and no alterations to the controller other than toggling off some ability animation events. However I have a project that uses an earlier version, 3.0.15 where this issue doesn't occur. I do have altered settings on the older project for motor acceleration and gravity but I've tested the newer project with the same settings with no apparent fix.

Here's a visual of what I'm currently experiencing using 3.0.19 w/ Movement and Physics settings:

And from the older project using UCC 3.0.15:

Please let me know if there's something I'm missing as I don't remember everything I've done with my older project that could be affecting something.

Between those versions there have been some collision changes and this looks like it was a side factor of that. I will take a look at improving this in the next update. With that said, have you tried adjusting the wall glide curve? The higher the value the more the controller will glide.

Hi Justin, thank you for your response and taking the time to look into this.

With that said, have you tried adjusting the wall glide curve? The higher the value the more the controller will glide.
I went ahead and tried making the curve linear and raising the value from 2-10. Unfortunately, this seems to make the issue worse as the higher I set the curve the character will move more slowly down the collider when jumping into it to the point where it won't slide down at all and clip through the collider if the character is pressing against the collider long enough.

This has been fixed in version 3.0.20. I am uploading that version now and it should be released shortly. Thank you for letting me know.

Thank you for the quick turnaround on this, Justin! Looking forward to applying the fix from the next update.