Landing Animation stuck on Loop

ThatOtherGuy

Hola so I've come here today with a problem. After pouring over documentation and tutorials about this asset I got a lot of my beginning animation replacements done without too much difficulty. I've got running/walking and a basic jump animation successfully recreated in my animator however the landing animation (not the fall) has been giving me much problem. My first attempt was setting the exit condition to "AbilityIntData not equal 2", which worked but prevented any other animation after. Switching it to the classic "AbilityIndex not equal 2" causes the animation to loop continuously. I've tried keeping the Animator as clean and simple as possible in doing this as well. So is their any suggestions as to why this is happening? Attached below is my animator setup for my fall and land. Also I am using Ultimate First Person Controller here.Landing Problem.jpg

"AbilityIndex NotEqual 2" should be right assuming you're using the same AbilityIndex value for Fall as in the demo scene, so I'd stick with that. As for why other animations get blocked afterwards, this is probably just due to how the rest of your animator is setup. Animators can be complex so it's hard to tell without being able to look through your whole animator, but it may be related to the transitions you're using on your other states. Also, when your character gets stuck after falling and becomes unable to start other animations, what do you see in the animator window? Does it look like it's stuck on a particular transition (transition arrows get highlighted blue when active)?

Alright I checked over again and continued with deconstructing/re-engineering on how you guys have setup the animator and have had no luck. Im no programmer, just an artist, so this is all new to me even after reading documentation and tutorials. Below is my animator at the moment.

Attachments

• Fall.jpg
    Fall.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Jumping.jpg
    Jumping.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Movement.jpg
    Movement.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 2
Did you check the state of the animator when falling as I suggested in my last post? (e.g. does the animator get stuck on a transition) You could DM me your repro project so I can take a look at the animator itself, although I'm away this weekend so wouldn't be able to get to that until next week.