Jump ability is not consistent

Vlaxep

Hi,

I'm trying to make jumping a bit more lenient without allowing jumping up steep slopes.

Currently if my Character walks/runs in to a flat vertical wall, ie. a building wall, he can jump without issues.

If for example I have an object around knee height and walk/run right into it, or am on a small sloped part of terrain that is still not very high, the Character is unable to jump, and it seems has to always get to near-perfect or perfectly flat ground/object to be able to jump.

I want it to be a little less tricky/ more forgiving to allow a jump, but not sure what exactly to adjust.

(I'm using a large terrain map with terrain-gated areas so definitely need to not allow jumping/exploiting up steep areas.

I'm also currently using a step height of 0.5 as I have some stairs that require this due to their steepness.

On the jump ability there is an option which prevents the character from jumping when the slope is greater than the slope limit on the character locomotion component (m_PreventSlopeLimitJump). I'm not sure what would cause the behavior that you are describing beyond that, but if you set a breakpoint within CanStartAbility you should be able to track it down.

On the jump ability there is an option which prevents the character from jumping when the slope is greater than the slope limit on the character locomotion component (m_PreventSlopeLimitJump). I'm not sure what would cause the behavior that you are describing beyond that, but if you set a breakpoint within CanStartAbility you should be able to track it down.
HI Justin, thanks.

Yeah I definitely can't uncheck the PreventSlopeLimitJump.

This GIF shows the kind of scenario where it occurs..... If I jump before the obstacle I can't jump, but if I collide first then try to jump, he won't jump at all... https://gyazo.com/a35a2d30aef6aa9f7d638a423321a066

- note I am mashing SPACEBAR to jump while the collision occurs with not result, and then I try again jumping before the obstacle and it jumps fine

I would place a breakpoint within CanStartAbility and try to determine what is preventing the jump ability from starting. This will give you a better idea on what is going wrong.