Item Ability - Reload issue since upgrading to 2.2.2

hazuki

Since upgrading to 2.2.2 I am encountering an issue where the reload ability sometimes becomes stuck as active. The character can continue to shoot other weapons until the clip is empty then the character cannot reload them. I'm receiving no errors or warnings. It happens every playthrough within a few minutes but after many hours of testing I cannot isolate the cause. Do you have any suggestions or know of any issues?
Thanks

Still playtesting to try to find out what's happening by making small changes to the weapon's reload settings, now have an error, do you know what it means?

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryGetValue (TKey key, TValue& value) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler.GetActionList (System.Object obj, System.String eventName) (at <fa7bae0bde914e57874fdb6999909243>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler.UnregisterEvent[T1] (System.Object obj, System.String eventName, System.Action`1[T] action) (at <fa7bae0bde914e57874fdb6999909243>:0)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.ThirdPersonController.Items.ThirdPersonShootableWeaponProperties.OnDestroy () (at P:/Unity/ProjectJones/ProjectJones/Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/ThirdPersonController/Items/ThirdPersonShootableWeaponProperties.cs:186)

What also happens but is more rare is that the AIM item ability also gets stuck, this generates a ton of the following error:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.TryStopAbility (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability ability, System.Boolean force) (at P:/Unity/ProjectJones/ProjectJones/Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1423)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.TryStopAbility (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability ability) (at P:/Unity/ProjectJones/ProjectJones/Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1394)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.TryStopAbility (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability ability) (at P:/Unity/ProjectJones/ProjectJones/Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:241)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.UpdateAbilityInput (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability[] abilities) (at P:/Unity/ProjectJones/ProjectJones/Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:119)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.UpdateAbilityInput () (at P:/Unity/ProjectJones/ProjectJones/Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:99)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.Update () (at P:/Unity/ProjectJones/ProjectJones/Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:73)

Is that the very first error? I would have expected a different error which eventually leads to the error that you are posting. Based on that error though it doesn't look like the ThirdPersonShootableWeaponProperties can't find the character. This should never happen as ThirdPersonShootableWeaponProperties is a child of the character and should be able to be retrieved within IntemPerspectiveProperties.Awake.

These errors don't seem to follow any pattern. I think a lot of my character is messed up since upgrading, I may have to backtrack and try the upgrade again and see if it helps. I'll let you know how that goes!

Having taken all the item abilities off and put them back on it seems to have cured the issue. I'll let you know if any new weirdness happens