Issue with the non dominant hand

cepoimario

I am facing an issue with the non dominant hand that i setup .The hand doesn't
want to stay still and if i aim down for up the hand will follow but will go through the weapon .

I am not sure if this is the correct way to set it up or if this is a bug .

What i've done is created a empty gameobject and made it a child of the weapon.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 12

The child Gameobject is parented to the weapon and has the location shown in the attachment below.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 4
It looks like the hand is positioned correctly but not rotated correctly. Does your IK settings have the rotation weight set to 1? If you want to debug this you can take a look at CharacterIK.RotateHands.

iv tried to change the line with localrotation however i'm still having issues , now the hand will rotate on the x axis freely with the camera doing a 360

It looks like this is going to take more tinkering. I'll let you know when I have something.

It looks like this is going to take more tinkering. I'll let you know when I have something.
Hi Justin,

Has this problem been solved? I seem to have the same problem. It looks right in idle state, but when I aim, the position (and possibly the rotation) of the left hand deviates significantly.

And,I cannot add the non dominant hand IK target for the runtime pickup rifle in the inspector. What should I do?

Thanks!

Last edited:
This is fixed in the latest version - make sure the transform that you are referencing is in the correct location.

This is fixed in the latest version - make sure the transform that you are referencing is in the correct location.
Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your reply! I really can't find what I'm wrong with. Can you help me see where I went wrong?I built a new project to show you. The position of the left hand is correct, but the rotation is wrong.

1. I use the Third Person Controller version 2.2.5.

2. Take a look at the screenshot below. I assigned the IK target of the assault rifle in my right hand to the Non Dominic hand IK target.
1598377508900.png

3. The following screenshot shows the character's IK weight setting,and the left hand does not rotate correctly. I haven't changed the IK weight here. These values are the default.
1598378472482.png

Thank you!

Ah.. I see now. I will have this fixed in the next update. Thanks for letting me know! It looks like it's just a problem with the rotation.