Issue with Rifle Shooting "use"

Nicobotti

Hi Everybody.
I am new at UCC, I bought the Third Person Controller and I am doing the first couple of tests, used the tutorials and all that.
My issue is with the "Use" ability while wielding a weapon.
The animator keeps getting stuck in Item Ability "Use" as (Active). This is, of course, firing a weapon. And I tried disabling the "Wait for animation event" but it changes nothing.

I wonder if this is something that happens often for a know issue reason that has a quick fix. Because I replicated everything from the demo scene but the problem persists

I foud a way to get the Parameters to get unstuck if I look around or to my feet. If I don't the character gets stuck in Assault rifle AIM forever. Because the Fire ability got it stuck there.

Here is a screencap of the animation debug.
1591568508727.png

1) in the timing you can see, On start, the Slot0ItemID changed to 1, that is because I have a rifle equipped.
2) The second event is me clicking, Firing/use
3) I waited a few seconds it never stopped and the third event comes after I look around.

I am not sure whats wrong to be honest, I am using the same animator as in the demo to avoid having issues and found them anyways.

Thank you!

I would start by taking a look at the AssaultRifleAim animations' import settings and comparing them to your own animations (eg. start and end times). You can view these by selecting the animation in the project window then clicking on "Edit..." in the inspector for that animation.

Yea, the animator uses events and if you're replacing them you need to find and replace the events.

That bein said, most of the Use action's really handled on the Item, on the ShootableWeapon script.

I'd bet the issue's with that somewhere, maybe you can let us know what settings you've got there.

On the demo character it'd be:
Nolan > Items > AssaultRifle
... in the Heirarchy to find the ShootableWeapon script.

Inside that you'll find the individual Use stuff for Items:

1591769938705.png

Back to the Use ability on the character, mine works fine and looks like this:

1591769742619.png

Keep in mind the order of these ItemAbilities is important, too.

Anyways, if your Use looks like mine, odds are the problem's on the Item.

Question: do you have any other shootable weapons that function as expected, or is this the first one?

Sorry for the delay in REsponse
You have clarified important subjects to me thank you.
It ended up being an issue of, of course, something that is clearly documented.
The Weapon LookAt sensitivity. That was too high. Once I lowered this I was able to shoot consistently.

Thank you for your help.