Issue with Equipping Ultimate Character Controller Weapons in Ultimate Inventory System

Husman

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate UCC with UIS but I've run into an issue, and i'm very confused on how to fix it.

I've managed to get everything to work until I add a equipper to equip items. Since my weapons use the UCC weapon system I need to use the "Character Inventory Bridge" to be able to use the items. It requires me to set a "Character Items Prefab Attribute Name", however in the equipper I also have to specify both the "Equipable Prefab Attribute" & "Usable Prefab Attribute", Now here's my issue: When I set all the above and I equip a UCC based weapon I get these errors(see attached file). As you can see I set the bones that I want the weapons to be equipped at in the Equipper, but it seems like it's conflicting with where the UCC wants the weapons to be equipped.

I want to only use UCC for the actual using of the weapons, since in my game you are a robot that you can customize with different arms/legs etc. Each arm than has the "Equipable Prefab gameObject("Model") & the Usable Prefab("UCC Action, like for instance a melee action or a ranged action).

So how can I achieve this, preferably only using the Ultimate Inventory System to assign where everything gets placed and use UCC for the weapon functionality.

Thanks in advance!

-Nick

As you mentioned they are conflicting.
You need to choose what items use the Character Equipping system and which ones use the UIS Equipping system and from there use two seperate categories to organize them seperatly. Then you can have two ItemSlotCollections. One for character weapons and another for clothes, consumables, or any other non-character weapon.

In your case it doesn't seem that you want anything other than weapons, so you could simply not use the UIS Equipper component. You'll see that the character in the integration demo scene doesn't have one either