Inventory Character Display Issue

WillyG99

Hi!

Everything was working fine, i imported some assets and was making a level, when i dragged in my player with all necessary components, i checked the inventory and the character image is bugged, it's rendering the entire camera view, not just the character.Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_1.png

Your culling mask is rendering Default:
1660548228464.png
You should be rendering just the character layer.

There are a ton of tutorials on render textures online.
For example check out this one from code monkey:

Your culling mask is rendering Default:
View attachment 9437
You should be rendering just the character layer.

There are a ton of tutorials on render textures online.
For example check out this one from code monkey:
Hi, so appearently it is still happening, i tested by opening a new project, and all works fine until i switch to HDRP, any fixes?Screenshot_1.png

Willy your problem is unrelated. The magenta shade is simply because you are using a different render pipeline (HDRP) and the materials set in the project are for built-in render pipeline. You can convert the materials using the editor shortcut and fix the remaining ones manually.
There are plenty of tutorials online on that subject.
Here is the first one I found:

Willy your problem is unrelated. The magenta shade is simply because you are using a different render pipeline (HDRP) and the materials set in the project are for built-in render pipeline. You can convert the materials using the editor shortcut and fix the remaining ones manually.
There are plenty of tutorials online on that subject.
Here is the first one I found:
Yeah i know that, i should have been more clear, but my problem is the background, i can fix the pink shaders no problem.
When i upgrade to HDRP the character display gets a blue background, i need it to be transparent, i've been looking at plenty of tutorials but can't figure it out

Figured it out, when you upgrade your project to HDRP, you need to set HDRenderPipelineAsset->Rendering->Color Buffer Format from R11G11B10 to R16G16B16A16, then you can read alpha channel from a RT.