Integration with Wwise

Haytam95

Hi

I'm currently working integrating Wwise middleware in my game, and I'm a little insecure about the best aproach to integrate it with UCC.

Wwise mainly uses four methods:

- PostEvent (used generally to start the sound)
- SetState (used to set the state of certain entity, like: "time of the day" (day | night).
- SetRTCPValue (used to set a float value)
- SetSwitch (used to set a property to a group (footsteps material: 'dirt', 'wood').

I thought then, about overriding the AudioManager singleton and create my own. Then override AUDIO CLIP SET to use a list of Wwise events (the wwise integration with unity already has the inspectors).

What do you think? Is There are a better aproach or I'm missing something?

Unfortunately we don't have any experience with Wwise. There was a brief thread about it here, but that's all.

Alright, thanks Andrew.

I started to write an integration, will post about it when I make some progress.

Alright, thanks Andrew.

I started to write an integration, will post about it when I make some progress.
Hey man, I use Wwise. Am also looking for an integration. Did you get any further with it? I got excited reading the title of this thread. Wwise is amazing!

I’m also trying to find a Wwise and Playmaker integration as I’m reliant on visual scripting at the minute but that’s another conversation altogether!

Hi, here is SurfaceEffect working