Implementing a Polearm Weapon in First Person

Tester115

Hello,

I am working on implementing a spear/halberd weapon for the first-person melee controller and was wondering about the hand positioning.
Based on the research I have done thus far, the only way to reposition the hands in the first-person perspective is to do it within the animations rather
than with IK. If this is the case, I was wondering if it would work if I re-purposed some of the animations from the katana, since it is a two-handed weapon along with a couple of custom poking animations that I have available and simply replace the katana model with a halberd model (Though I would be curious to know if the arms gripped the center of the polearm or the bottom with the current animations). Any insight into what I should try would be greatly appreciated. I am also wondering if anyone has successfully done a polearm weapon with the opsive first person before.

Reworking the katana animations do seem like a good solution since the weapons are similar.

I am also wondering if anyone has successfully done a polearm weapon with the opsive first person before.
I am not aware of any.

Reworking the katana animations do seem like a good solution since the weapons are similar.

I am not aware of any.

Ok, so I was able to import a halberd weapon in and experimented with replacing the katana mesh with a halberd. It works on a basic level, but since IK does not work for generic arm rigs, many of the animations unfortunately seem to need to be reworked to have the hands grip the weapon and position it at the correct angle.