How to solve this issue? Too Many Trees

Lukas

When in editor, the I can cleanup the nested tree fine, however when in runtime, its just a nightmare to debug and see whats what, only option is to collapse the top trees, but then it resets next time I start or I select different AI, so its not very usable. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1714076699877.png
    1714076699877.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1714076704320.png
    1714076704320.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 3
The only true way to solve it is to spread out your external behavior tree tasks more. Eventually I'd like to add an auto-layout feature but this will only be added to version 2 after the initial release.

The only true way to solve it is to spread out your external behavior tree tasks more. Eventually I'd like to add an auto-layout feature but this will only be added to version 2 after the initial release.
Hmm, yes, but the issues are:
- you don't know in advance how big your trees will be after expanded in runtime
- and even when expanding, its then impossible to connect nodes, as they are extremly small and too far away1714116757832.png

Maybe there is a trick for that?

I know there won't be any heavy updates to BD1, but I would suggest for BD2:
- non-interactable grayedout "preview" of subtrees, so user can get the sense how big they will expand in runtime
- in case nodes are too far away, maybe some shortcut for connecting nodes via lines, not only dragging from pin points, as you can see in picture above, when nodes are too small, dragging pins is almost impossible due to small size of drag start/end area