How to know when a character is fully initialized

zented

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is an event that notify when a character is fully initialized. I mean, really initialized, when all the different parts of the character, the camera and the canvas are actually ready to be played.

Let's say I have a 4 players splitscreen setup. So I instantiate 4 characters/cameras/canvases while I show a loading screen. Preferably, I want to disable/hide the loading screen when the humans can actually take control of the characters.
This is a splitscreen multiplayer example but the question remains even for a 1 player setup.

Is there a proper way to be notified?
I saw an On Respawn Event but I'm not sure it fits the need here.

In the demo scene, DemoManager.SelectStartingPerspective may help you here - it's what gets called once the user selects a camera perspective when loading the demo scene. It does things like activating the character locomotion component, setting the camera view type, etc. Once this method is finished, the character and camera are both ready to go. The main lines you're looking for are m_CharacterLocomotion.SetActive and cameraController.SetPerspective.