How to disable camera bouncing?

avalonsutra

When using a running animation I need to bake the Y root transform position into the animation otherwise the run anim will look weird (moon walking) but if I do this UCC's camera is bouncing up and down, obviously following the animation Y transform. How can I disable this completely? I've tried changing all the spring-related parameters on the camera controller but it has no effect.

What perspective are you using? For first person you can disable the camera from following the vertical movement by setting the Smooth Head Offset Steps value to zero on the first person view type. For third person the camera will follow the Anchor set on the character controller - by default there is no bobbing for third person.

Hi,

this uses Third-Person Adventure camera. The Camera Controller is set to use Auto Anchor (by default) and picks up the character's head as the anchor. This is not to be confused with head bobbing. In this case it's the camera that bouncing in a headache-inducing way. Here's a short video showing how it looks:

https://streamable.com/ud0yuw

I just tried setting the character's body as the anchor manually and that fixes the camera bouncing, just had to offset the height. I'll take it this is the way to fix it.