How to change StateBehavior to Mirror's NetworkBehaviour, keep losing reference

Tapticc

Hello, I think this might be more of a Unity question but I can't find a solution.

I want to replicate the StateBehaviour class to MirrorStateBehaviour and then inherit from NetworkBehaviour instead of MonoBehaviour (after adding a Using Mirror statement), but every time I manually add a reference, when Unity recompiles the reference is removed and I get the compile error again.

How do you correctly reference Mirror from a copy of the StateBehaviour class please? I can see if you click on the Opsive Shared DLL, you can add a reference to Mirror that way, but you can't then say copy the Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera class and change to inherit the new MirrorStateBehaviour without getting similar reference issues

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Scripts\Camera\MirrorCameraController.cs(100,16): error CS0012: The type 'NetworkBehaviour' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Mirror, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Am I taking the wrong approach, should I really be trying to create a new script that implements INetworkCharacter?

Last edited:
You should place all of your scripts within their own folder so when you update you don't have to worry about merging. This will then allow you to create your own assembly definition, and from there you can reference any other assembly definition.