How do I set the MP value after firing a fireball?

cangcloud

How do I set the MP value after firing a fireball? I didn't find the relevant video tutorial, where to set it? Can you send a screenshot?

I'm sorry, what do you mean my "MP" ? Multiplayer ? Magic/Mana Points ?

If it's the latter, you can use attributes for that - first, add one to your character's Attribute Manager which only has a health attribute by default, then one way to modify the attribute when using your fireball is to use the Attribute Modifier on the corresponding Use item ability. The State system may help change the cost of each item too. However I have to admit I don't know if there is a way to set this value on the item itself ?

If it's the latter, you can use attributes for that - first, add one to your character's Attribute Manager which only has a health attribute by default, then one way to modify the attribute when using your fireball is to use the Attribute Modifier on the corresponding Use item ability. The State system may help change the cost of each item too. However I have to admit I don't know if there is a way to set this value on the item itself ?
Thank you for your reply, I mean Magic/Mana Points, I'll try it.

I added MP attributes (Magic/Mana Points) for the player character, but I don't know how to set it in the character health .cs, the health and shield are already set, but there is no Mana setting option, you can see my screenshot, when I run in the editor there will be no mana bars, can you tell me how to set it? It's better to take a screenshot so I can know how to set it up faster.
1.jpg
2.jpg

For this my first thought would be to use a custom DamageProcessor tbh. The other way if you want to make into your Health component, is to extend Health and add the property yourself. Of course, the best solution should be tailored for your project and desired outcome. Now we know you want mana pts added, is there a specific way your setting these mana points, are they dynamic? There's just so many different ways you can achieve this but to give an answer suitable for your project we may need some more info.

For this my first thought would be to use a custom DamageProcessor tbh. The other way if you want to make into your Health component, is to extend Health and add the property yourself. Of course, the best solution should be tailored for your project and desired outcome. Now we know you want mana pts added, is there a specific way your setting these mana points, are they dynamic? There's just so many different ways you can achieve this but to give an answer suitable for your project we may need some more info.
Yes, he's dynamic, I just want to reduce mana when releasing fireball or other magic. Can you tell me how?

That case is simple and your half way there. When you release magic, just decrease the attribute, forget Health, make your own script, if you need to adjust health, adjust the attribute and handle your cases accordingly. If you own USC you can set how the Overheat attribute is used to prevent extensive firing with vehicle weapons. I do enforce that the overheat example I provide in USC would be a perfect example for you.

That case is simple and your half way there. When you release magic, just decrease the attribute, forget Health, make your own script, if you need to adjust health, adjust the attribute and handle your cases accordingly. If you own USC you can set how the Overheat attribute is used to prevent extensive firing with vehicle weapons. I do enforce that the overheat example I provide in USC would be a perfect example for you.
I need to display mana bars on the inventory UI, how do I achieve this?

I am not familiar with UIS but once again the overheat example in USC is perfect for this as it shows how to display the overheat effect with UI also (without UIS) :)