How can I make movement entirely relative to the scene and not to the camera or player?

I'm trying to create a scene in my game where the player walks inside a space station shaped like a cylinder with artificial gravity that lets them walk on the walls and ceiling. I've done this using a custom align to gravity zone ability that ignores the z axis and a gravity zone with an influence multiplier of -1. The problem I'm having is that the player starts veering off course once he starts walking on the walls. I assume this is because the input is relative to the camera and/or scene and not relative to the player. How can I make movement entirely relative to the scene and not to the camera or player?

You have to implement your own view type for this. The description includes an example for a stationary camera, which is what you might be looking for. Also the 3rd person look at view type could be used as a blueprint.

I'm trying to create a scene in my game where the player walks inside a space station shaped like a cylinder with artificial gravity that lets them walk on the walls and ceiling. I've done this using a custom align to gravity zone ability that ignores the z axis and a gravity zone with an influence multiplier of -1. The problem I'm having is that the player starts veering off course once he starts walking on the walls. I assume this is because the input is relative to the camera and/or scene and not relative to the player. How can I make movement entirely relative to the scene and not to the camera or player?

I just watched a Youtuber named Code Monkey do a specific video on how to setup Cinemanchine in unity to do the things you mention.
The Video is "Easily Control Cameras with Cinemachine in Unity!".

After watching about 5 mins of the 13 minute video, I was able to setup, understand and implement a virtual camera(with Cinemachine Brain) for my specific needs.

Its a shame that UCC costs so much that when you want to do something, its always "implement your own view". Seems to me the developers could make a some type of "helper" functionality that would do something automated. But then it might be because the developers don't want to reinvent the wheel OR step on Toes(Unity's Cinemachine product).

The specifc areas of cinemachine that you might want explore is the DEADZONE and SOFTZONES.

Its a shame that UCC costs so much that when you want to do something, its always "implement your own view". Seems to me the developers could make a some type of "helper" functionality that would do something automated. But then it might be because the developers don't want to reinvent the wheel OR step on Toes(Unity's Cinemachine product).
It is impossible to cover all kinds of crazy ideas that occur to us video game developers, UCC is expensive because it covers many standard aspects of the industry and with the flexibility that if a particular point is not covered, you can create it yourself and not everything breaks. I had an idea very similar to yours but now that I'm more involved in the Asset I could tell you that every time I find something new that I thought a while ago I didn't cover it. UCC is much more complex than it seems at first glance, perhaps your idea allows it, but you still haven't seen how to implement it. This asset has an infinity of options and for that reason it is difficult to understand your problem and tell you specifically where it can be done and what. say about the integrations it has with other assets ufff.