Holster equip toggle

Maximuz24

Is it possible to equip toggle by using the left hand instead of right as i am having two holster one on right and one of left so right the player needs to pick from right hand that working fine like that for left holster the player needs to take from left hand which i want to know how to do.

Last edited:
You can use an item's slot ID to determine whether it will be equipped in the right hand, left hand, or both (dual wielding). This is how the demo scene is set up, with slot ID 0 being used for the right hand and slot ID 1 for the left.

Take a look at:

And since dual wielding sounds like it would be appropriate for your case:

You can use an item's slot ID to determine whether it will be equipped in the right hand, left hand, or both (dual wielding). This is how the demo scene is set up, with slot ID 0 being used for the right hand and slot ID 1 for the left.

Take a look at:

And since dual wielding sounds like it would be appropriate for your case:

@Andrew thanks for your reply. but just want left hand to take weapon from holster and hold the gun in right hand.

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to display an animation of the character using their left hand to draw the weapon from the holster, then transfer it to their right hand?

If that's the case, then you will need to replace the animations within the character animator controller with your own animation.

Take a look at this page: https://opsive.com/support/document...ller/animation/animator/replacing-animations/

This video describes the animator controller structure in detail: