High CPU Usage

atmuc

Unity 2022.2.14
Import UCC 3.0.9 (I also imported A* Pathfinding)
Select \Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Demo\Prefabs\Characters\Atlas prefab

When showing some UCC components Unity editor consumes %17 CPU. Unity editor GUI is so slow.

when selected other components like Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Demo\Prefabs\UI\AddRemoveItemView.prefab, Unity consumes %0-1 CPU

I have i9-9900K CPU

When I click it there isn't a difference in the usage. I recommend profiling and see what's causing the spike.

I tried to test the same project with 2021.33. I get following error. In package manager I see there are different UCC packages for 2021 and 2022. I don't plan to use Unity 2021 so I did not downloaded UCC 2021 version. I tested on 2 different computers with Unity 2022.2.14. Both have the same high usage.

Unloading broken assembly Assets/Opsive/Shared/Editor/UIElements/Opsive.Shared.Editor.UIElements.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime

From that error my guess is that you are not using the 2022.2 version of the controller. A separate version is submitted for 2021.3.0 and 2022.1+. You'll want to make sure you've imported the correct version from the package manager.

I just tried 2022.2.12 which is what I had installed and when I click on the prefab there is no delay. If you are getting errors though that'll likely cause it.