HAP not working

DainBramages

When I do a clean install of the latest Third Person Controller and Malber's HAP, the Opsive integration demo for HAP doesn't work. When viewing in Third Person Aventurer, everything is fine until Atlas mounts the horse. Then the camera looks like it is being held by a baby and someone is shaking the baby. NEVER SHAKE A BABY (free pro tip). But the shake is brutal. If you turn off "interpolate" on movement on Atlas, it becomes jittery but not earthquake shaken.
It was doing it in my project so I tested the integration demo for HAP and it had the same problem. The regular Malber's demos for the HAP pack work perfectly, of course. Did the recent update to the controller break something? Or am I missing something obvious? When the demo doesn't work, I feel like it's a problem that's over my head.

The HAP integration is maintained by Malbers so I recommend getting in contact with him.

I just heard back, here's what he said:
I just made a huge update

that might have broken the integrations

I'm still updating all my other assets

I check all the integrations later this week

This still isn't working.

The integration stopped working about two months ago with a UCC update (I observed it right when it began, and it definitely wasn't a HAP update). I'm not sure exactly which UCC update it was, but I'll try stepping back through a repository next week and see if I can figure it out.

What happens is -- the UCC character in the demo starts sticking his leg straight through the horse when mounting it, and then he starts vibrating madly and flying all over the screen. Even before mounting the horse the UCC character oscillates erratically when moving to the right.

Has anyone been able to isolate the problem?

Synchronizing two controllers is sure to be a trip down the rabbit hole, but hopefully we can figure this one out. Being able to ride the various animals is a really nice feature of UCC when it's working.

Last edited:
Malbers is managing the integration. There was a major Horse Animset Pro update and he has been working to update all of the integration assets. I believe he is on vacation right now.

Malbers uploaded a new version of the integration today (6/17/23) called "HAP (4.4.2) UCC (3.0.3).unitypackage", but it's still bugging out on UCC 3.0.10. Presumably UCC 3.0.3 is the latest version it works with