Greyed-out pickup item at runtime

sdhains

Hey,

Trying to figure out pick up items, having some issues. Have tried this with both 2018.3.7f1 and 2018.3.11f1.

I go through the steps in the runtime pickup tutorial; and when I run over the item, it is added to my inventory:

It is equip to my right hand, but the item is 'greyed-out'/ not visible in the scene:

If I enable the box once the game is running, the object appears!! The problem is that I can't seem to find why it is being disabled by default.

My item type is set up to allow for infinite/large number capacity. I am trying to work with 'None' action types, but I've also tested with Shootables & Throwables. I also studied the Demo scene, but it seems Nolan in the demo scene already has all of the weapons pre-equip so it doesn't really translate for doing pickups at runtime.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This page lists some troubleshooting tips for equip/unequip problems:

Just so you can see the flow I would first get it working without being at runtime and then follow the docs/videos for creating a runtime pickup object. There are a lot of options so if something isn't exactly as it is in the video/text take a step back and repeat it until it is the same.