Getting only Axis on where to move.

DageLV

my character is a vehicle, a tank, it can rotate in place etc. it has a script and it requires AccelInput and TurnInput, nothing more. Can i do it with behaviour designer? it all seems very complex, I've owned the asset since 2020 and whenever i try it, it just feels too complex or something doesn't make sense (such as the tree layout) so i just abort it usually and do it myself, but now i have a problem that my AI script works, except it often gets stuck on walls etc and I've tried whole day to get it working, but it just keeps getting stuck, so I'm a bit out of options.
So a few parameters, its a tank, where forwards and backwards speeds are the same, so if waypoint is behind the tank, it shouldn't waste its time turning around, but just reverse,

The Movement Pack doesn't actually move the agent, it's up to the underlying pathfinding implementation to do that. If the agent is getting stuck maybe the navmesh needs to have a larger padding area near edges? The rotation speed is also controlled by the NavMeshAgent (if you are using the Unity Navmesh)

The Movement Pack doesn't actually move the agent, it's up to the underlying pathfinding implementation to do that. If the agent is getting stuck maybe the navmesh needs to have a larger padding area near edges? The rotation speed is also controlled by the NavMeshAgent (if you are using the Unity Navmesh)
I tried ading behaviour designer to the tank, called it wander etc, i couldn't edit it, it just showed as gray window with lots of errors spamming.
I don't use agent, how my AI system works is, it checks the destination if its reachable, then generates the path, stores path corners as List<Vector3 >Waypoints, then gets the angle to next waypoint and steers the vehicle to it.

It doesn't look like everything within Behavior Designer is loaded. I would completely remove the Behavior Designer folder and reimport.

It doesn't look like everything within Behavior Designer is loaded. I would completely remove the Behavior Designer folder and reimport.
I have movement pack and behaviour designer installed.
But the other question. Can I get the outputs to be used with character?
Or even literally where the behaviour wants to go, I can do the pathfinding myself, etc.
Unitys nav mesh agent doesn't control like a tank, so it's kinda shit option to have, so I can't use the agent.

The error that you are getting indicate that you don't have all of the Behavior Designer pieces. As a sanity check I would create a new project and install Behavior Designer and the Movement Pack fresh so you can get it working without any errors. You can then bring that into your own project.
Can I get the outputs to be used with character?
What do you mean the outputs? What outputs are you referring to?

The Movement Pack tasks work by setting the destination on the NavMeshAgent and letting the NavMeshAgent move the agent. If you want to do your own pathfinding you will need to create a new task similar to the Movement Pack tasks that use your own implementation. It would be similar to the A* Pathfinding Project integration tasks where it uses a different pathfinding implementation.

The error that you are getting indicate that you don't have all of the Behavior Designer pieces. As a sanity check I would create a new project and install Behavior Designer and the Movement Pack fresh so you can get it working without any errors. You can then bring that into your own project.

What do you mean the outputs? What outputs are you referring to?

The Movement Pack tasks work by setting the destination on the NavMeshAgent and letting the NavMeshAgent move the agent. If you want to do your own pathfinding you will need to create a new task similar to the Movement Pack tasks that use your own implementation. It would be similar to the A* Pathfinding Project integration tasks where it uses a different pathfinding implementation.
I'm at work, I'll be home in about 6h, then I'll try.
I did add agent to the tank, added behaviour designer and called it wander, the tank just spinned almost in place from time to time. Like it was wandering in 1*1 m area.
How do I get the desired destination from behaviour designer?
And is the "look at" target different than the movement destination? Cause its a tank, turret can look at the dirrection, but the orientation of the hull doesn't matter that much.

And by outputs I meant 1 to move forward, - 1 to reverse, 0 to stop, and same for turning.
But if I can get the destination, my vehicle will get there, like a drunk driver, but there

I recommend looking at the A* pathfinding project integration as it has a grid graph that I think will fit your purposes better. The desired destination for wander is internal to the wander task and you'd need to modify the task in order to expose it.
New empty test project.
Ah, you are using a beta or alpha version of Unity. Betas and alphas are not supported by our assets. When it is released we'll have proper support.

I recommend looking at the A* pathfinding project integration as it has a grid graph that I think will fit your purposes better. The desired destination for wander is internal to the wander task and you'd need to modify the task in order to expose it.

Ah, you are using a beta or alpha version of Unity. Betas and alphas are not supported by our assets. When it is released we'll have proper support.
So basically the tactical and movement packs are all unusable if i just need the path?

i launched play mode with no agent attached, it threw some errors about not having navmesh agent, so i clicked on errors, it all was in NavMeshMovement.cs file. Changed that from NavMeshagent to AI_Controller_CS and fixed the errors which appeared, doesn't seem to work. nowhere i saw errors about path or destination being set, except of course, the single override SetDestination, which never gets called.

So basically the tactical and movement packs are all unusable if i just need the path?
You will need to use a non-beta version of Unity. I will be releasing an update soon that has support for Unity 2023.1.

i launched play mode with no agent attached, it threw some errors about not having navmesh agent,
Make sure you've added a NavMeshAgent component to your character for the non-A* tasks.

You will need to use a non-beta version of Unity. I will be releasing an update soon that has support for Unity 2023.1.

Make sure you've added a NavMeshAgent component to your character for the non-A* tasks.
I did downgrade to 2021 version, and as I said, nav mesh agent is a horrible way to move a vehicle.

The Movement Pack tasks require a NavMeshAgent. If you don't want to use a NavMeshAgent then there's the A* Pathfinding Project integration which may be better.

Beyond that you will need to script your own movement tasks using a custom implementation.

The Movement Pack tasks require a NavMeshAgent. If you don't want to use a NavMeshAgent then there's the A* Pathfinding Project integration which may be better.

Beyond that you will need to script your own movement tasks using a custom implementation.
I said I have my own navigation system. I need the destination.
My vehicle can get from a to B, and a* samples I tried also have dogshit movement agent for a tank.

With your own navigation system you will need to create your own tasks that use the API for that navigation system. In this case it's creating a new task and not using any of the Movement Pack tasks:

Deciding on a destination will be up to the task that you create.

With your own navigation system you will need to create your own tasks that use the API for that navigation system. In this case it's creating a new task and not using any of the Movement Pack tasks:

Deciding on a destination will be up to the task that you create.
But I changed the wanderer task to set destination of my vehicle and it never did set it.