GetCachedComponent<T>(...)

mart8

So after a lot of digging, I'm very happy with this product and it is very well written. I apologise if I have judged your product too soon Opsive, but it is absolutely amazing and I'm sold now.

My initial concerns about some code being closed source are no longer there. I see that the code that is closed source is basically just utility functions like caching, instantiating, serialization, gizmos, randomID's and etc. Most of the code of the controller is available for modification, I think it is well worth the price.

To my question - does the GameObject extension GetCachedComponent<T>(...) automatically cache the object if it doesn't exist or how does it get set? I don't see a Set function

So after a lot of digging, I'm very happy with this product and it is very well written. I apologise if I have judged your product too soon Opsive, but it is absolutely amazing and I'm sold now.

My initial concerns about some code being closed source are no longer there. I see that the code that is closed source is basically just utility functions like caching, instantiating, serialization, gizmos, randomID's and etc. Most of the code of the controller is available for modification, I think it is well worth the price.
Good to hear!

To my question - does the GameObject extension GetCachedComponent<T>(...) automatically cache the object if it doesn't exist or how does it get set? I don't see a Set function
Yes, it does. You can then reset the cache by calling UnityComponentExtensions.DomainReset.

Do I understand correctly that GetCachedComponent is the same as GetComponent, but more optimized? Can it be used anywhere without fear of losing performance?