General FPS Arms.

Hello I would like to know how to stop the Body weapon from raising his fists when in First Person Mode until I press Aim.
I would like my FPS arms to always display in FP when no item is equipt. I would like him to punch when the attack button is pressed and block when Aim is pressed without the zoom.

I don't see a setting for this or I am missing it? I was also wondering how Item abilities are associated with Items. I see "Reload" and "Aim" as "Item Abilities" but are these assigned to all Items or are they associated with specific items or item types and where can I find the answer?

Just to be sure I'm following, so you're seeing the fists raised even when you do not have the aim button pressed? As a test I just switched to the body item type while in first person mode and the arms were in the default position off to the side of the camera.

Have you tried the demo scene in a fresh project? It sounds like it's something animation related - the idle state has the arms by the character's side so it shouldn't be raised.

Yes, It doesnt look like your Demo has a working body. It is there and set up but I cant activate it. I will have to rebuild the body in the demo. The only difference I can see being the problem is that I am using the "UltimateCaracterControllerDemo" animator for my arms rather than the "FirstPersonDemo" animator controller. I am attempting to track down the problem but for some reason I can not troubleshoot the "Animator".
When I start the game and select my character or the arms the animator does not update and show me what animation is being played. None of the Parameters change in the Animator either. Does this work for you?

The only difference I can see being the problem is that I am using the "UltimateCaracterControllerDemo" animator for my arms rather than the "FirstPersonDemo"
I really need to spend some time with FPSMeshTool to figure out what it is doing so I know more about it.. it seems like a lot of the problems relate to using humanoid animations for the arms.

Does this work for you?
Take a look at this page: https://opsive.com/support/document...oller/animation/animator/animator-controller/

Ok, it looks like when I go into the Animator and look I see that
when I am in 3rd person the Animator stays in the General Idle Animation for The Arms Layer and the Upper Body Layer.
When I go into First Person, the Arms Layer goes directly into the Body <Substate Machine> and plays the Arms - BodyAim. This is only activated when going into first person.
I then looked into the FirstPersonDemo Animator and saw that it has no Body animations under the Arms Layer. What I did was Duplicate the FirstPersonControllerDemo, renamed it "FirstPersonArmsController", then deleted the body SubstateMachine under the copy and assigned it to the FirstPerson Arms. That resolved this problem for me.
Thanks for the insight!