Fire animations

lenniv

Hi, In the demo animator there is a fire aniamtion that gives the payer arms some kickback. When I create a custom character, this kickback aniamtion makes the weapon go a bit sideways. Is there a way to disable this aniamtion when firing? Or is there a way to reposition this animation so that the gun has a straight kickback?

Thanks for the reply, I already tried changing these values but the problem is still visible. I think it has something to to with the player animation when firing the assault rifle.

Are you talking about first or third person? First person animations use a generic rig and cannot be modified through IK like humanoid rigs. In this case you have to create your own animations.

I use both first en third person for my character. I used mesh tool to seperate the arms. I checked the type of rigs and both the character and the arms are humanoid. Is there a way to set the arms as a generic rig, since they come from the same object as the character which is set to humanoid?

If you used the mesh tool, then the your first person arms use a humanoid rig. But the FPS arms that come with the controller use a generic rig. Can you reproduce the problem in the demo scene?

I think my rigs are correctly set up. I've added some files to compare the shooting action between my character and the demo nolan character. So you get a visual understanding of my problem.

Attachments

• ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif
    ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif
    426.2 KB · Views: 3
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker(5).gif
    ezgif.com-gif-maker(5).gif
    444.8 KB · Views: 3
There is an animation recoil as well. Since the FPSMeshTool uses the humanoid animations you'll need to also switch those out if you don't want recoil.

How do I do that? I'm sorry if it's an easy solution, but I'm still trying to understand the basics of the ultimate controller.

You will need to swap out your own animations within the animator controller.

If you have set the first person perspective parameters to 0 then it's only driven by animations.