Final IK + TPC 2.3.1 IK not responding

CruttMutt

Hello,

I have been playing with all the recent updates and they are great! I have had an odd issue with Final IK integration though. When I start the scene the IK from Full Body Biped and Grounded is not taking effect. When I turn on the component again during play after Final IK Bridge turns it off it all looks fine so the settings are good. I followed all the doc, it was simple enough. Not sure why it might not be working though. I have the latest version of everything on Unity 2019.4.21f1. No errors are coming up. Did not work in the TPC Demo scene when I added it to Nolan either, same situation.

Maybe a bug or a step missing?

Cheers!

If you start without the FullBodyIK and Bridge components does the Grounder work? The Bridge doesn't touch the Grounder so that should be a good starting point.

From there does the update method of the bridge get called so it can update the FullBodyIK?

Ohh! I see what was happening. Because I was using the Full Body Biped and then the Grounder FBB it was not reading the needed FBB component when I hit play and it was off. But I have changed to just the Grounder IK and it's fine now!

Thanks so much.

So currently, when I just have the Grounder IK on the character I get some animation jitters. If I put the Final IK Bridge on these jitters go away and it all appears okay but I get an error. I also noticed if I put a FBBIK on the character none of the settings I put into the FBBIK are present anymore on play so I don't believe it's being updated.

Regardless of whether I have the FBBIK component or not, I am getting a single error. So that's probably got something to do with it:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryGetValue (TKey key, TValue& value) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler.GetActionList (System.Object obj, System.String eventName) (at <27da9e1afec54f2fb2a11d46a234f9df>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler.ExecuteEvent[T1] (System.Object obj, System.String eventName, T1 arg1) (at <27da9e1afec54f2fb2a11d46a234f9df>:0)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.set_UpdateLocation (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager+UpdateLocation value) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:170)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.FinalIK.FinalIKBridge.Awake () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/Final IK/FinalIKBridge.cs:126)

I don't see any options for me to assign the parameter value for "key" in the inspector. Only for the Head and "Look At".

Maybe this will shed some light? Sorry I did try but within my knowledge, I couldn't work more of it out from that.

Thanks for your time!

Oh yes! I do remember I had done that but it for some reason creates issues with my character's in air melee animation not completing correctly and using the root motion so I put it back. I am still not sure why. I will have a play around with it and come back to it. Thanks for the help so far! It's getting there.

The solution to this problem is to “ensure Locomotion is set to Update.” What do we do in the situation of UCC + FinalIK+ PuppetMaster as PuppetMaster Integrarion Step 19 says “Ensure Locotion is set to Fixed Update.”

Attachments

• 5402B46A-FB9C-4E76-A40C-3075E389B39F.jpeg
    5402B46A-FB9C-4E76-A40C-3075E389B39F.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 8
That's a good question. :unsure:

I haven't used the PuppetMaster + FinalIK combo so I am not sure but I have it on my list to look at.