[Feature Request] Community Wiki

DavidC

I keep thinking it would be nice to have a place where the community can add information about how to use Opsive products. I've thought about posting some of the tips and tricks I've discovered to the forum (specifically regarding UMA and just learning how to use UCC), but I can't imagine too many people would come here looking for something like that. I'm imagining you put it on fandom, and have a script that automatically updates a section on each relevant page to match documentation. Then, people can add information below that section. Although, that might be a lot of work if it's not something you're already familiar with doing. Personally, I haven't spent too much time doing advanced wiki stuff.

I really like this idea. I think there are two routes for this:

1. Place it on a site like fandom. I don't think that I'll have the skills/time to create a script which syncs with the documentation so it would be kind of natural with how it evolves. At certain points I'd manually transfer the knowledge to the docs.

The advantage of this is that it is easy and relatively painless. The disadvantage is that it would be harder to find if it's not integrated seamlessly into the docs.

2. Talk to our web development company to see if they can add something to our docs like this. Maybe a "suggest a change" type of button and then being able to see/edit the existing content? The advantage of this is that it would be seamlessly integrated so it should be more popular, but the disadvantage is that it's not as instant and I'd need to talk to our web contractors about this.

I have a list of things that I have been wanting to tweak with the existing site so was planning on starting a new contract with them at some point..